Volunteering at HARI
Service to HARI is service to GOD as well as to our community. As a non-profit service-oriented religious/cultural/educational organization, HARI is always seeking volunteers for various tasks. Interested community members should contact President of HARI.
Some activities that would be of benefit to all of us are
- exterior maintenance of the temple grounds by pulling weeds
- collecting and disposing of trash and other discarded materials
- planting of approved shrubs and flowering plants in accordance with the overall landscaping plan
- perform assigned tasks during major celebrations and special events
Volunteers are also needed to teach Sunday School students in various academic areas such as Scholastic Achievement Test subject areas, fine arts, namely, classical music and dance. Interested people should contact the Director of Sunday School for further details.
BECOME A VOLUNTEER /SPONSOR
Opportunities abound for HARI devotees to help the temple and the community at large. Temple is always seeking volunteers and sponsors for various special causes. Devotees should ask themselves what they could do for the temple instead of asking what the temple can do for them.
- Devotees can become sponsors for dinner/prasad for temple's scheduled programs if they are not filled in yet.
- Devotees can also volunteer to sponsor artists, performers and musicians that come to the temple to give cultural programs.
- It is very expensive to bring good cultural programs by well-known artists to the temple. One way devotees can make it possible is by coming forward to contribute generously towards partially or fully off-setting the cost of specific programs
Contact the President if you want to be a sponsor for a specific program. Contribute generously by placing your donations in the donation boxes when special cultural programs are arranged.